Subject: Re: Recently released AmigaGuide package vs. c: IPrefs on A4000
From: [email-masked] (reinhard spisser)
Date: 5 Apr 93 10:00:25 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.programmer

[email-masked] (Loren James Rittle) writes:

>In fact, it is odd, both versions have feature sets that the other
>lacks.  EG: amigaguide.library v39 that came with the A4000 lacks:
>navigation menu strip,
>shift-click to open document in other window,
>double click on any word tries to locate a match in the XREF,
>tab to move to next button,
>shift-tab to move to last button,
>new look scroll bar,
>mark and select all menu items are ghosted

Some of the features of V34 AG were stripped since V39 AG was written using
GadTools (sigh), which does not allow certain operation on gadgets ecc.

>The recently release amigaguide.library lacks:
>multi-font support,
>auto wrap,
>new highlight styles

>I sure I missed some other differences, but you get the idea.  It appears
>that two different paths of development have occured on amigaguide.library.

The first released AG was the AG 34 version (only for developers). Then
they developed AG39, stripping out some very nice features impossible to
implement with gadgtools. 

IMHO, they decided to release to the public AG, so all users can have it.
They will continue to develop only the V39 version.

>One added nice 3.0 features (font support), the other added nice general
>features (tab, shift-click, double click).

>I would really like to see an update to the v39 amigaguide.library that
>contains all the nice features in the package just released (v34?).  There
>are currently many reasons to want to run the v34 version on an A4000.

I use the V34 amigaguide.library under 3.0. Multiview uses the amigaguide.datatype
so you can`t replace it with the older version.